I received this email recently, and felt I had to respond…
Social Security Change For 2008 – The United States Senate voted to extend Social Security Benefits to Illegal Aliens beginning in 2008.
Now, the following the senators who voted to give illegal aliens Social Security benefits. They are grouped by home state. If a state is not listed, there was no voting representative.
- Alaska: Stevens (R)
- Arizona: McCain (R)
- Arkansas: Lincoln (D) Pryor (D)
- California: Boxer (D) Feinstein (D)
- Colorado: Salazar (D)
- Illinois: Durbin (D) Obama (D)
- Indiana: Bayh (D) Lugar (R)
- Iowa: Harkin (D)
- Kansas: Brownback (R)
- Louisiana: Landrieu (D)
- Maryland: Mikulski (D) Sarbanes (D)
- Massachusetts: Kennedy (D) Kerry (D)
- Montana: Baucus (D)
- Nebraska: Hagel (R)
- Nevada: Reid (D)
- New Jersey: Lautenberg (D) Menendez (D)
- New Mexico: Bingaman (D)
- New York: Clinton (D) Schumer (D)
- North Dakota: Dorgan (D)
- Ohio: DeWine (R) Voinovich(R)
- Oregon: Wyden (D)
- Pennsylvania: Specter (R)
- Rhode Island: Chafee (R) Reed (D)
- Suth Caolina: Graham (R)
- South Dakota: Johnson (D)
- Vermont: Jeffords (I) Leahy (D)
- Washington: Cantwell (D) Murray (D)
- West Virginia: Rockefeller (D), by Not Voting
- Wisconsin: Feingold (D) Kohl (D)
SEND THIS TO ALL YOU KNOW. THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE UNITED STATES NEEDS TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION, UNLESS THEY DON'T MIND SHARING THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY WITH FOREIGN WORKERS who didn't pay in a dime.
Social Security Change For 2008
Please send this on to as many people as you can.. You've got to read this all the way through to the bottom.
I HEREWITH FIRMLY STATE THAT I WILL NOT VOTE FOR ANY POLITICIAN, REGARDLESS OF THE OTHER ISSUES, IF HE / HER DOES NOT SPONSOR AND SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING LEGISLATION. THAT INCLUDES EVERYONE STANDING FOR ELECTION IN 2008.
LET US SHOW OUR LEADERS IN WASHINGTON “PEOPLE POWER” AND THE POWER OF THE INTERNET. LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE WITH ME ON THIS BY FORWARDING TO EVERYONE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK.
IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT ! KEEP IT GOING !!!!
2008 Election Issue!!
GET A BILL STARTED TO PLACE ALL POLITICIANS ON SOC. SEC.
This must be an issue in “2008” Please! Keep it going.
(This is worth reading. It is short and to the point.) Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions during election years.
Our Senaors ad Conresswomen do not pay into Social Security and, of course, they do not collect from it.
You see, Social Security benefits were not suitable for persons of their rare elevation in society. They felt they should have a special plan for themselves. So, many years ago they voted in their own benefit plan.
In more recent years, no congressperson has felt the need to change it. After all, it is a great plan.
For all practical purposes their plan works like this:
When they retire, they continue to draw the same pay until they die. Except it may increase from time to time for cost of living adjustments..
For example, Senator Byrd and Congressman White and their wives may expect to draw $7,800,000.00 (that's Seven Million, Eight-Hundred Thousand Dollars), with their wives drawing $275, 000.00 during the last years of their lives.
This is calculated on an average life span for ech of thos two Digniaries.
Younger Dignitaries who retire at an early age, will receive much more during the rest of their lives.
Their cost for this excellent plan is $0.00. NADA..! ZILCH…
This little perk they voted for themselves is free to them. You and I pick up the tab for this plan. The funds for this fine retirement plan come directly from the General Funds; “OUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK”!
From our own Social Security Plan, which you and I pay (or have paid) into, every payday until we retire (which amount is matched by our employer). We can expect to get an average of $1,000 per month after retirement.
Or, in other words, we would have to collect our average of $1,000 monthly benefits for 68 years and one (1) month to equal Senator Bill Bradley's benefits!
Social Security could be very good if only one small change were made.
That change would be to: Jerk the Golden Fleece Retirement Plan from under the Senators and Congressmen. Put them into the Social Security Splan with the rest of us . Then sit back…..
And see how fast they would fix it.
If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe good changes will evolve.
Effective Jan 1, 2008 there is another change, we past 70 already pay tax on our SS benefits, and are charged Medicare Part B $90.40 ” New for
2008 – Plus $64.50 for the income-related monthly adjustment amount based on your 2006 income tax return.”
How many people CAN you send this to? Better yet…… How many people WILL you send this to?
Now if you believe any of this, then please click more and I will address the issues in multiple parts…
- The issue of the Senate voting to extend SS benefits to illegal aliens.
- First, the Senate did NOT vote to extend benefits to illegal aliens. A quick review of the Congressional Record shows that the amendment in question on SB 2611 (Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006) does not extend, provide or give (or deny) benefits to illegal aliens, it's designed to answer a specific question regarding whether or not persons who used phony SSN's and paid into Social Security with those numbers would be credited with these payments in the future if and when they actually became U.S. Citizens.
- The Senators named above did not even vote in favor of it, they voted for a “Motion to Table” 50-49 to allow time for the amendment to be removed before being sent to the full Senate for a vote.
- The amendment would prohibit them from receiving credits for those payments; however it would still allow them to receive Social Security benefits provided they became legal citizens and were paying into the system under their new SSN.
- The issue with the Senate and Congress not paying into Social Security.
- I have heard this one a hundred times or more, and it is NOT true.
- The U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Represenatives employ their members like any other government agency. These individuals have pay scale (ES level), belong to a Federal Pension program and pay into Social Security, Federal and State withholding (provided their state has an Income tax), like any other federal employee.