I have been holding off blogging on this subject; because I, like so many other Republicans was hopeful that the “change” Mr. Obama spoke about on the campaign would be a visible change from the current politics as usual in Washington.
However after the fourth top official announcement today; it's apparent to me that Mr. Obama is either catering to the left; or is really a left-wing radical in sheep's clothing.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that all of Mr. Obama's key top officials are not only strong Democrats but are part of the Washington Elite, which begs one to ask, where is the CHANGE you promised Mr. Obama?!
I was not surprised when he picked Rahm Emanuel as his Chief of Staff, I expected him to pick a strong democrat with close ties to Pelosi and Reid; however when I heard that Sen. Hillary Clinton was on the short-list for Secretary of State, I started to scratch my head. Now I hear that he wants Eric Holder as Attorney General, and today he announced Tom Daschle as Secretary of Health and Human Services.
So, let's do roll call shall we?
- Product of Chicago Democratic machine politics
- known as hyperpartisan on the Hill
- former loyal Clinton administration lieutenant
Senator Hillary Clinton:
- First Lady in Clinton White House
- Senator, New York
- In her own words, “35 years experience in politics”
- Number 2 man in the DOJ under Bill Clinton's Administration
- Involved with the Rich Pardon
Senator Tom Daschle:
- Former Democratic Senator, 1986-2004 (Majority Leader 2001-2004)
- Former Democratic Congressman, 1978-1986
- Accused of falling down on the job, when it came to the Federal Judiciary and appointments of Judges, With 90 vacancies he refused to bring votes on judicial nominees because as he told President Bush, “you have no leverage”
Is it just me? or am I seeing a pattern here? It's looking like an Obama White House is going to look an awful lot like a Clinton White House? Maybe Hillary didn't need to run for office after all 🙂
I just finished telling a Democrat friend of mine how I really do want to see Obama do well; it's in all our best interests that he does; however I have serious concerns about what an Obama White House is going to look like after all is said and done.
I guess only time will tell.